Test Automation Training
Test automation is a difficult, but vital, part of today's development landscape. This class provides the tools and expertise you need to write great tests at the unit, package, and integration level, as well as addressing the human elements as well. Knowing how to write tests goes hand-in-hand with selling automated testing to your manager and coworkers. We'll discuss introducing change, effective test introduction techniques, and more.
A solid testing effort shortens the debugging cycle for developers, frees up interactive testers for more advanced testing, and prevents bug regressions from derailing your project. We'll help you keep your testing effort on course with this interactive three-day course. We'll discuss and use the latest tools available.
Note: for better resolution, change player to fullscreen mode.
Sessions begin at 9AM and end at 5PM. Attendees must bring their own laptop.
- Testing strategies: creating culture and easy wins
- Continuous Integration with Cruise Control
- JUnit: An introduction
- Practical unit testing
- Test coverage with Cobertura
- Package level testing
- Mock client testing
- Environment re-staging with Ant and dbUnit
- Mocking versus live code
- Static code analysis with FindBugs and CPD
- Testing web UIs with Selenium
- Creating robust GUI tests
- DSLs leverage your testing expertise
- Shared resource rules
- Fearless change: testing and refactoring
- Virtual Machines to manage environments with Virtual Box